primer extension problems

helix.nih.gov helix.nih.gov
Tue Jan 16 08:16:18 EST 1996

Hi Rolph,

It sounds as if you're having signal to noise problems . . Have you tried
using poly A+ RNA instead of total RNA? The other approach you might think
about is 5' RACE. We have had good success using Clontech's Marathon-ready
cDNA and the RACE protocols contained therein. It's a little pricey, but so
is failure. Best of luck to you!