Non-fat dry milk...really non-fat?

Duke Groebe drg at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu
Tue Jan 16 14:14:56 EST 1996

In article <15JAN96.24035257.0048.MUSIC at NMU.EDU>, MKNEPPER at NMU.EDU
("Knepper, Marc A") wrote:

> Csaba writes:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >What does it mean 'non-fat', is it reduced fat containing milk or ....
> >absolute fatless...and if it is not absolute fatless, how many fat
> >does it contain in percentage?
> >I want find a commercial source in Hungary...so I need to compare.
> >
> >Thanks in advance
> >
> >Csaba

I happen to have a box of Food Club Natural Nonfat Dry Milk on my lab bench
here.  Just a moment, let me read the side of the box.  Hmm, calories,
protein, carbohydrate...Ah, fat......**.  The footnote to ** reads that it
contains less than 1 gram per 8 fluid ounce serving (a single serving is 5
tablespoons reconstituted to 8 fluid ounces).  In addition, it indicates
that the dry milk contains less than 1 gram of fat per quart per day.  Go
figure.

Duke

The opinions expressed here are my own.  MY very own and NOBODY else's!  I
THOUGHT OF THEM FIRST, HA HA, AND YOU DIDN'T!!  SEE!?  There's my name up
there!  And the date - Ooohh, the DATE!  That's important!  HEE HEE, I'M
GONNA BE RICH!  DO YOU HEAR ME!?  RICH!!  HA HA!!  They're mine...heh, heh,
all mine....  GOD!  I'm so smart!