Suggestion (Re: fresh transformations for protein expression??)

Jody K. Hirsh jkh141 at
Tue Jan 16 13:41:43 EST 1996

In article <msz-1101961331140001 at>,
msz at says...
>In article <4ch87s$15oc at>, Torsten Boerchers
><borcher at> wrote:
>> The more we were surprised that we now on two occacions
>> with similar proteins encountered problems (i.e. no
>> expression) which were solved by freshly transforming
>> the E.coli (BL31(DE3)) with the expression vector instead
>> of starting from a plate.
>Dear Torsten,
>this problem is indeed very common as the many replies on the list show.
(text deleted)
Just a thought--would it help to make frozen stocks to use intead of the
agar plate?  After the next transformation and liquid culture, make some
extra and use the overnight LB culture with 10% DMSO added and store at

Jody K. Hirsh
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL.   USA
jkh141 at