Sequence of pAS1 is available

Paul N Hengen pnh at cockleberry.ncifcrf.gov
Wed Jan 17 13:05:54 EST 1996

Curtis Tyree (tyree at oncology.wisc.edu) wrote:

: With help from Clonetech and using several original references, I
: have reconstructed the DNA sequence of pAS1 (Durfee et al., Genes
: and Development, 7, 555-569). I have not actually sequenced all of
: the plasmid, so I cannot submit the sequence to GenBank.

Why not??? Go ahead and put a correct version (as far as you know)
into GenBank!!! If you find an error, update it.

Also, read question 35 on the FAQ list for this group!

: However,
: the sequence of the plasmid does correlate with the sequences of the
: fragments used to construct it. In addition, all the restriction
: sites that I have checked are present and accounted for. If you
: would like the sequence to pAS1, please send an e-mail message to me
: at the address below.

: Curtis Tyree
: McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research
: University of Wisconsin, Madison
: Madison, WI
: tyree at oncology.wisc.edu