Plasmid Miniprep Web Site

Paul N Hengen pnh at cockleberry.ncifcrf.gov
Wed Jan 17 12:13:11 EST 1996

R. Dana - Green Gene (rcdana at crash.cts.com) wrote:

: This commonly used plasmid miniprep method is being beta tested and also
: is for sale by Ambiotech. Visit the site to provide shipping information to
: purchase a kit or to register to be a beta test site.

: The catalog number for the kit is APM 819.0.

: Any comments are welcome.

: The pupose of the Web site is to provide alternate methods for people
: having problems with minipreps.

Doesn't look like it to me...I don't like that I'm forced to leaf through your
on-line catalog to see the protocol, which looks exactly like the standard
alkaline lysis method.  This is nothing more than a sales pitch!  Alternate
methods? I don't think so.  This method has been beta tested my molecular
biologists for almost twenty years now. Isn't it time to call it a standard
procedure?