directed heteroduplex analysis experiences?

Peter Wang plw at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 17 20:11:16 EST 1996

There are a couple of articles in the December BioTechniques on DHDA
(directed heteroduplex analysis), which seems like a promising and
relatively easy way to detect mutations.  The original reference is:

Zimmerman PA, Carrington MN, Nutman TB.  "Exploiting structural
differences among heteroduplex molecules to simplify genotyping the DQA1
and DQB1 alleles in human lymphocyte typing", Nucleic Acids Res. 21:4541
(1993).

I'd like to hear about netters' experience with DHDA.  I'm especially
interested in how large a fragment people have used successfully for
DHDA.  If people want to email me I can post a summary.  Thanks!

Peter Wang, M.D., Ph.D.
MRC Centre for Protein Engineering,
Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH, England

Tel (01223) 402104  (international calls +44-1223-402104)
Fax (01223) 402140  (     "          "   +44-1223-402140)