Help! total RNA from blood/leukocytes?

Maureen_L_Ho Maureen_L_Ho at sbphrd.com
Wed Jan 17 11:33:32 EST 1996

Try Qiagen's RNEasy kit.  We have used it extensively to make RNA from
the buffy coats of 8ml blood samples.  It includes a lysis buffer and
spin columns.  We got sufficient yeilds to do about 4-5 RT-PCR reactions,
but we were looking for a very low abundant transcript.
The results were also very reproducible.

Usual disclaimers, have only used the product.
Good Luck.

Maureen Ho

--
The opinions expressed in this communication are my own,
  and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.