Help! total RNA from blood/leukocytes?

Maureen_L_Ho Maureen_L_Ho at
Wed Jan 17 11:33:32 EST 1996

Try Qiagen's RNEasy kit.  We have used it extensively to make RNA from
the buffy coats of 8ml blood samples.  It includes a lysis buffer and
spin columns.  We got sufficient yeilds to do about 4-5 RT-PCR reactions,
but we were looking for a very low abundant transcript.
The results were also very reproducible.

Usual disclaimers, have only used the product.
Good Luck.

Maureen Ho

The opinions expressed in this communication are my own,
  and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.