transformation efficiency of amplified plasmids

Michael Szardenings msz at bio.embnet.se
Wed Jan 17 05:22:54 EST 1996

Dear netters,
has anybody an idea, how much lower the transformation efficiency of
completely amplified plasmids may be compared to ordinary DNA?
I amplify the plasmid with Vent pol. to keep the number of errors low. Its
then ligated with T4-ligase (I use kinased primers), ligation is o.k. My
transformation efficiency seems to be about 10.000x lower than with
standard plasmid DNA.
What can I do about it and are there strains that are more suitable than others?

Thanks
            Michael
**     ** ***   ** ******** * Michael Szardenings                       *
***   *** *****        ***  * Biomedical Center, Pharm. Pharm.          *