Purifying with Talon?

Yasushi OKADA yokada at kinesin.kaibo1.m.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu Jan 18 01:06:23 EST 1996

I am now using TALON and Pharmacia's chelating Sepharose FF charged
with Ni.  The following is my experience.

TALON is
- Capacity: not very different.
- Purify: better than Sepharose.
- Leakage of metal: worse than Sepharose.
- Activity: better than Sepharose.
  (Note: My protein is very sensitive to EDTA, high salt and pH
   change.  Protein can be eluted at lower imidazole conc from TALON
   than from Sepharose.  This may make the difference in the
   activity.)

I consider that the metal charged to TALON is the trick.  Does anyone
know what it is?