DNAse treatment of isolated total RNA ?

Teis Jensen T.Jensen at immi.ku.dk
Fri Jan 19 08:32:37 EST 1996

I am using RT-PCR in my work but I have problems with small traces of DNA
contamination in my RNA samples. I am following the acid-phenol method for
isolation of total RNA but would like to include a DNAse treatment step
during the isolation procedure. However, how should I do this. Should I
treat the RNA during of after the final EtOH precipitation in the isolation
procedure and is it necessary to remove the DNAse afterwords with
phenol:chloroform (or just a temperature denaturation) ?

Hope to hear from you

Teis
Teis Jensen
INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL MICROBIOLOGY