upper limit to Inverse PCR products?

Michael Kertesz kertesz at micro.biol.ethz.ch
Fri Jan 19 13:03:51 EST 1996

Hi Henry,

I had the same kind of trouble with inverse PCR. As I understood it, having the correct
dilution is crucial to make circles and not polymers, but if you go TOO dilute, you run out of
DNA! In my case, eternal dilution series didn't solve the problem, but I also noticed that
adding an equivalent aliquot of mock ligation mix to my control PCR reactions significantly
reduced the PCR yield. Maybe the ligation needs to be cleaned up after all?

Do you have a RECENT reference for inverse PCR (or a couple of publications where it has
worked satisfactorily?)

(I'm still trying....)

--

Michael Kertesz