EcoB supplier ?

Chris Boyd chrisb at
Fri Jan 19 12:23:09 EST 1996

Dr. Duncan Clark (duncan at wrote:
: In article <4dnrd6$rps at>, john brennand <john.brenn
: and at> writes
: >Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the restriction enzyme
: >
: >  EcoB
: >
: >from a commercial supplier ???

: As an RE producer I've never come across any commercial producer of type
: I and type III RE's. I would do a lit. search and find someone still
: working on EcoB then approach them direct.

Yes, but I'm wondering if John *really* wants an enzyme that cuts at random
sites thousands of bases from its recognition sequence...

Best wishes,
Chris Boyd          | from,  \MRC Human Genetics Unit / Western General Hospital
chrisb at| not for \        Crewe Road / Edinburgh EH4 2XU / Scotland