Protein dimerisation in SDS-gel

Lutz Essers uj44228 at sunmail.lrz-muenchen.de
Mon Jan 22 08:26:50 EST 1996

Hi everybody,

I was looking for a dimerisation of a 15 kDa protein  (E. coli expression, His-tag).
Interestingly, I have found that no crosslinker was necessary to see a weak dimer band
in a standard SDS-gel (Western). Maybe this observation can be explained with a partial
denaturation with SDS / Beta-Mercaptoethanol / temperatur, but also increasing this
conditions did not abolish this dimer.

My question is: Has anyone seen protein dimerisation in a SDS-gel, or are there any
comments or publications about this phenomenon? If so, could you please refer me.

Thank you,

Lutz Essers

E-mail:  uj44228 at sunmail.lrz-muenchen.de