Source of ss eukaryotic DNA

Jim Owens jow at helix.nih.gov
Tue Jan 23 15:33:34 EST 1996

A coworker claims that he had a tube from a commercial source of
substantially single-stranded DNA from a eukaryotic organism.  As a
careful worker, he left out the details in his lab notes and is plaguing
his long-suffering technician (our hero) who was not in the lab then to
find out from whence such DNA came.

If you gentle news-readers know of a source for same, send me a message.
For some reason, sheared salmon sperm DNA does not satisfy the wishes of
the careful worker as a blocking agent for hybridization.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Owens