Promega Magic

David W Walker dwalker at MAILHOST.HOOKED.NET
Tue Jan 23 10:12:08 EST 1996

I have heard from reliable sources that the Promega Wizard Kit does not
produce DNA as pure as the previous Magic Kit did.  I was told that a sales
person said that Promega had to change its kit because of a patent
infringement.  Does anyone know whose patent that might have been?  The
Magic kit worked very well for cleaning up DNA after agarase treatment for
microinjection into mice, and I would like to continue using a product
based on the same chemistry.

David Walker