sequence analysis packages?

Claudia Sutton cas9 at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 24 09:20:16 EST 1996

Hello fellow M-R readers,
We are in the process of having our biennial discussion about computer
analysis packages (preferably mac-resident).  I would appreciate any
timely advice.  Have any of you found packages that you are _really_ happy
with?  Are there any packages that will do RNA folding and/or single PCR
primer picking (where you can specify one primer).  Are there any just
outstanding alignment programs that can manage to do good multiple
alignments without much hands-on input?  Is everyone doing all of this
sort of stuff on the web now?

Thanks in advance for all replies,
Claudia Sutton aka cas9 at cornell.edu
Genetics and Development