Sense-Antisense, genuine confusion

Harry J. Witchel Harry.Witchel at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Jan 24 08:06:36 EST 1996

Hi--
	I feel like I am writing one of those ridiculous letters to a porno
magazine beginning with the words: I didn't ever think it could happen to me,
but one day...

	I am trying to make an RNA transcript for injection into Xenopus
oocytes.  I have the gene in bluescribe (Ks+) in a version in which the ATG
codon (going 5' to 3') is near the Bam site and what is labelled as a T7
initiator.  At the other end is a Hind3 site and a T3 initiator.

	I just want to make sure this is correct: the T7 will start
transcribing on the DNA strand without the ATG, such that the final RNA
product has the ATG, and this product will be what I want to inject.

	The thread that keeps going and going
	Harry

Harry.Witchel at Bristol.Ac.Uk