PFGE trouble>Hi there, > My problem with my PFGE apparatus is I am getting streaks instead of bands. I believe that this is related to the fact that my buffer is giving slightly lower mA readings (18 instead of 21; 15 instead of 18) than usual. I have re-made the buffer exactly the same way that I always do when I get high quality results. I sent the power source in for repair, as I did 6 months ago when the same thing happened, and they found the the readings were slightly HIGH and re-calibrated the power supply. Since I got the power supply back, I have run a 24 hour gel with standards in 0.5 X TBE that came out OK. The normal gel that I am running, with 10 times less EDTA hence, 0.5 X TBe, has resulted in a continuous smear. >I also ran a PFGE gel on another machine, in another lab, with THE SAME buffer from the THE SAME bottle, and it came out well. Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Dunkles group dunkles_group at
Fri Jan 26 08:14:42 EST 1996