DNA in agarose gels

QIAGEN qiagen at kaiwan.com
Sat Jan 27 18:47:16 EST 1996

Rolf  Marteijn (rolf.marteijn at 94.student.wau.nl) wrote:

 >Well several ways to do so:

 >- Qiagen has a kit to do a gel-extraction for DNA from agarose-gels. - The
 >Gene-Clean system
 >- Using the freeze-squeeze protocol (look eg. at Sambrook, Maniatis,
 >Molecular Cloning, second edition) (home-made system, so quite cheap. You
 >need epps, silicanized glasswool, some buffers, EtOH and liquid nitrogen)

To avoid confusion, we would like to make a comment on Rolf Marteijn's
response. Our gel extraction kit based on silica resin is called QIAEX.
Please see the message from Rob Jordan in this thread for more
information, or call QIAGEN Technical Service in the USA at 1-
800-DNA-PREP.

QIAGEN

--
QIAGEN, Inc.