Cell Culture Question

Simon Dawson Simon.Dawson at nott.ac.uk
Fri Jan 26 07:39:27 EST 1996

Hi,
   A question about cell cuture techniques. Well, one technique in particular
actually.
  I have some Swiss 3T3 cells and I would like to make them go quiescent (i.e.
stationary phase). After all (or most anyway) of the cells appear to be
quiescent I would like to reinduce growth again and monitor the production of
certain proteins via Western blotting etc.
  What I want to ask is: Have any of you out there got any methods that you
like for doing just this sort of thing?
  I dont think I need to make my cells arrest in any particular phase of the
cell cycle, I just want to be able to make them stop growing and then
re-initiate 'normal' growth.
  Thanks for any info. in advance.

          Simon.

--

Dr. Simon Dawson       TEL:+44 (0)115 9249924 ex. 44787
Dept. of Biochemistry  FAX:+44 (0)115 9422225
Queens Medical Centre  Email:Simon.Dawson at .nott.ac.uk
Clifton Boulevard      http://www.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk/~mbzspd/Simon.html
Nottingham
U.K.                   "Back off man, I'm a scientist!" - Bill Murray.