ras, raf-1, GAP clones wanted

Troels Wind wind at biobase.dk
Mon Jan 29 09:40:23 EST 1996

Hi all,

Unfortunately one of the major problems to overcome when planning an experiment
is to obtain the materials needed. Especially if cDNA clones is a prerequisite.

I have tried writing different people in the field of GTPases to ask for
cloned p21ras, GAP, raf and NF1 (GAP-related domain) without any luck, i.e.
no answers what-so-ever. Maybe I'm asking to much in these peoples opinion,
but as I see it, sharing material within the research community is a MUST.

Therefor I try this approach, hoping that people utilising methds-reagnts are
more willing to share than the so-called big cheeses in the community.

In short: If you have any of the clones mentioned above as cDNA cloned in some
coli expression-vector, I would be more than happy if you would send me a
sample. If you insist on knowing what I plan to use them for, don't hesitate
to contact me, I'll gladly tell.

PS: Is it to idealistic to expect answers when writing to scientists? If they
wont deliver the clones then so-be-it, but IMHO they could at least answer...

Regards,
Troels Wind
PhD-student
Institute of Molecular and Structural Biology
University of Aarhus
Denmark

wind at biobase.dk