linkers in bacterial expres?

Svend Kjaer kjaer at biobase.dk
Tue Jan 30 06:52:46 EST 1996

Hi !
	I'll try to express a cDNA-library as  a fusion to protein 6 of fila-
mentous phage. However, the way I, at present, intend to go about doing this
implies that I'll get a "junk" amino acid sequence in between protein 6
and my favorite protein(s). The "junk"-spacer is 6-7 aa.
So before I start I'd like to know if there are any
specific residues or sequences thereof, that I should be careful about with
respect to proteases present in E.Coli strain TG-1.

any input appreciated

Svend

Institute of Structural and molecular Biology
Dept. of Chemistry
Langelandsgade 140
8000 Aarhus C

kjaer at biobase.dk