ras, raf-1, GAP clones wanted

Bernard Murray bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Tue Jan 30 13:18:22 EST 1996

In article <4eim8n$t3g at news.uni-c.dk>, wind at biobase.dk says...

>Hi all,
>
>Unfortunately one of the major problems to overcome when planning an
experiment
>is to obtain the materials needed. Especially if cDNA clones is a
prerequisite.

>I have tried writing different people in the field of GTPases to ask for
>cloned p21ras, GAP, raf and NF1 (GAP-related domain) without any luck, i.e.
>no answers what-so-ever. Maybe I'm asking to much in these peoples opinion,
>but as I see it, sharing material within the research community is a MUST.

I believe that all these clones are available from ATCC.  To check the
suitability point your Web browser at http://atcc.nih.gov/
the prices are not obscenely high and the people are very helpful
and friendly.
	I've had a very good success rate when I've asked people (nicely)
for research materials and I am indebted to the generally open atmosphere
of the community.  I sincerely hope that this does not change.

	Good huntin'!
		Bernard
Bernard Murray, Ph.D.