How to transfer plasmids????

Rafael Maldonado rafael at howard.genetics.utah.edu
Tue Jan 30 14:49:39 EST 1996

On 26 Jan 1996 ynakao at kean.ucs.mun.ca wrote:

> Hello, Netters,
>
> As I  move back to Japan soon, I am going to take some kinds of plasmid
> containig cDNA with me in my bag.
> Is it OK to brinig them in RT without precipitating or drying? The travel
> will take about 3 days. If possible, I will keep them in the freezer or
> fredge during the stay in hotel and the fright.
>
> Would you tell me if this is OK or diffinetely NOT?

It should be OK. But the easiest, safest and most convinient method for
carry plasmids is in a bacterial strain in a soft agar stab

Rafa

Rafael Maldonado                             | 'No te creas todo
room 6160 Eccles Institute of Human Genetics |  lo que leas en
Department of Human Genetics		     |  internet.'
University of Utah			     |
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112. USA.	     |  "Don't believe
Rafael.Maldonado at genetics.utah.edu           |  everything you read
Rafael at howard.genetics.utah.edu	             |  in internet."
Tel: 801-581-4429			     |
Fax: 801-585-3910			     |