DNA in agarose gels

Pendragon lab_winoto at maillink.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 30 17:35:38 EST 1996

In article <01I0B0V4UTZ68WX8SO at MSSCC.MED.UTAH.EDU>
reese at MSSCC.MED.UTAH.EDU (Van Reese) writes:

> I have been doing PCR for a short time and seperating the
> products on 2.5 % Metaphore agarose. In a couple of samples we
> have found a band of great interest to us. I recall reading about
> a few products which will easily purify the DNA from gel bands.
> Has anybody had experience with these products? Any
> recommendations?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Van Reese

Use beta-agarase from NEB, works great and recoveries are near 100% and
very clonable.  You can only use LMT agarose, so after you resolve your
bands on regular agarose, cut a hole in front of the band you're
interested in, fill it with LMT agarose, run the target band into the
LMT agarose zone and excise as usual.  Apply the beta-agarase as
suggested in the mfr. directions.  You'll be very pleased with the
results!

Pendragon   .::::.
            |_;__ |
           /<><>\  \