TriZol results?

Lauryl Maiya J Nutter lmjnutte at acs5.acs.ucalgary.ca
Wed Jan 31 01:24:50 EST 1996

Tedibear (tedibear at interlog.com) wrote:

: I'd like to know what's the 260/280 ratio anyone gets for RNA with
: the TriZol reagent.  The manufacture quotes 1.6-1.8 but I've been
: always getting just around 1.5.  Just want to know if that's the
: reagent or just my poor technique.  Thanks for info.

Tedi,

I routinely get 260/280 = 1.9-2.2 when isolating RNA from
Drosophila.  I add the extra centrifugation step suggested for
tissues with lots of insoluble cellular material prior to phase
separation, but then follow the protocol as is.  I use 500 uL of
Trizol per 25 flies (approx. 25 ug).  Hope this helps.

Lauryl Nutter
University of Calgary
lmjnutte at acs.ucalgary.ca