eppendorf tube closures

Tori Brophy torih at genetics.washington.edu
Wed Jan 31 13:20:24 EST 1996

Michelle.Gleeson at SMTPGWY.AGRIC.NSW.GOV.AU wrote:
>     Hi bionetters,
>        Does anyone know a supplier of little sliding caps that fit over 
>     the lids of eppendorf tubes.. They come in multicolours, and have 
>     'Multi  patented' on the side.  They are indispensable when boiling 
>     full tubes.  An Australian supplier would be preferable but not 
>     essential.
>     Thanks in advance,
>     Michelle Gleeson
>     NSW Agriculture Biological and Chemical Research Institute
>     Sydney Australia
>     gleesom at agric.nsw.gov.au


We use "Sherlocks" from USA/Scientific Plastics.  They have a tab that sticks up so 
you can grab the tube by it.  But you have to cut the tab off if you want to 
centrifuge the tube with the cap on.  The ones we buy come in multiple colors and 
fit the 1.5 ml tube only.  The address for the company is P.O. Box 3565, Ocala, FL, 
USA, 34478; international phone number is 904/237-6288.

Tori Brophy
Department of Genetics
University of Washington
Seattle, WA  
torih at genetics.washington.edu

More information about the Methods mailing list