DNA to quantitate RNA

Shelley Cole shelley at DARWIN.SFBR.ORG
Wed Jan 31 13:16:03 EST 1996

I am thinking about using the one step simultaneous isolation of RNA,
DNA, and proteins from tissues described by Chomczynski (1993)
Biotechniques 15:532.  I would like to use the RNA to quantitate gene
expression, and would like to use the DNA content of the tissue as one
method to
normalize my results, as suggested in the above paper.  Can anyone
provide me with references where the authors have done this? I guess what
I am really asking is, is this an acceptible method?

Thanks,
Shelley