Expression vectors for microsomal protein

Meetha Medhora medhoram at post.its.mcw.edu
Mon Jul 1 13:28:32 EST 1996

I want to express a cyt P450 coding sequence in membranes.  I have
cloned it downstream of an SV40 promoter but do not see any protein on a
Western from transfected cells. The cell lines (I've tried 3 in all)
transfect well and express reporters, but not this product.  I feel some
of the problem is that the cDNA starts from the ATG, and has no native
sequence 5' to this. I am looking for an expression vector that has
successfully expressed abundant membrane protein. Even a reference will
be great - Meetha Medhora, e-mail medhoram at mcw.edu.