Mac scanner for blots...

Alan KAY kay at lyon151.inserm.fr
Tue Jul 2 05:10:20 EST 1996

In article <a.f.hill-0307960901360001 at bc-59.sm.ic.ac.uk>, a.f.hill at ic.ac.uk
says...

>Hi
>
>Can anyone recommend a scanner suitable for scanning blots onto a mac for
>creating prints for publications, slides, etc... If anyone has any ideas
>as to what specs we should look for or a printer which may be suitable for
>high quality output I'd appreciate hearing about them!
>
>Thanks
>
>Andy

Hi,

we use a Canon CLC10, which can scan and also doubles as a colour
printer/photocopier. It is coupled to a PowerMac, but I don't think that this
is essential. The images are treated in Adobe Photoshop then usually imported
into Powerpoint for shooting of slides. This is probably not the cheapest
solution, but since we have it available, I use it and it works fine.

Alan KAY