Transfection of pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells with an adenovirus vector

mahayden at med.unc.edu mahayden at med.unc.edu
Wed Jul 3 10:18:08 EST 1996

We are having trouble tranfecting our rat pulmonary artery smooth muscle
cell line and RAW transformed mouse macrophage line with our adenovirus
vector. The vector has worked in 3T3 cells, CF-21 human airway epithelial
cells, and MVILU mink epithelial cells but the smooth muscle cells
and RAW cells seem to be resistant to transfection. I was wondering if
anyone has been successful with the transfection of smooth muscle cells
with viral vectors, or if anyone has any suggestions that may lead to
improved transfection with smooth muscle or macrophage cells.