anti-rat chromogranin A antibodies

Dima Klenchin klenchin at macc.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 5 10:22:42 EST 1996

In article <4rgnb9$3mj at amcnol>,
   Sandra Einerhand <s.einerhand at amc.uva.nl> wrote:

->Does anyone know whether there are antibodies (commercially) available
->recognizing rat chromogranin A. I want to use them in
immunohistochemistry and
->Western blotting of rat intestinal tissue.

Zymed Labs (415-871-4494 and 800-874-4494 in US) cells rabbit
polyclonals. They advertize them as "suitable for
immunohistochemistry". We tried them for Westerns with whole brain
extracts and were never convinced the the signal is specific.
This simply could be due to low abundance of chtomogranin A.
You might have better luck with intestine.

- Dima