Rep : Elisa for Q-RT-PCR

Mr SHIRE David David.SHIRE at TLS1.elfsanofi.fr
Fri Jul 5 01:50:20 EST 1996

> to avoid handling with radioactive dNTPs, we cuurently plan to establish
> a ELISA method for mRNA determination. A biotinylated capture primer
> attaches the PCR product to a streptavidin coated microplate. The
> captured DNA is then detected after annealing wiht DIG labeled primers.
>
> Has anybody experiences with this method? Any recommendations would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Franz Weilbach
> Neurol Dept Uni Wuerzburg

Frank,

Your talking about the Boehringer-Mannheim method. I haven't used it myself, but Dominique Emilie at INSERM uses it regularly and seems happy with it - except for the expense, and it's true that it's ridiculously expensive. He's published the method in Eur. Cytokine Netw. 6, 257-264 (1995).

David