DNA quantitation

Pamela Norton pnorton at lac.jci.tju.edu
Tue Jul 9 15:59:03 EST 1996

In article <Pine.OSF.3.91.960708125828.44A-100000 at plato.ucs.mun.ca>, Lisa
M Miller <lmmiller at morgan.ucs.mun.ca> wrote:

>         I previously posted a message about quantifying DNA and since I
> didn't get any replies I am posting it again.  I am working with a human
> leukemia cell line and am presently seeking a method to quantify total DNA
> content in these cells.

Lisa,

   Perhaps it would help if you were more specific. Are you trying to
determine ploidy (2N, >2N etc)? If so, flow cytometry might be helpful. Or
are you trying to extract DNA from a given number of cells and determine
the DNA yield? This is quite a different question.

   Not sure if this helps,

      Pam Norton

--
Pamela A. Norton, Ph.D.          Assistant Professor of Medicine
Thomas Jefferson University
Philadelphia, PA 19107           p_norton at lac.jci.tju.edu