Is anyone using 33P in RNase protection assays/Solution hybridization?

Don Martinson dmartin at
Thu Jul 11 10:48:59 EST 1996

I have been using 32P in my RNase protection/solution hybridization
assays, but would like to consider using 33P because of its longer
half-life, but am concerned about having sufficient specific activity.

Is anyone out there using 33P for this type of assay?  Direct e-mail
reply preferred.  Thanks in advance.

Don Martinson
Medical College of Wisconsin
dmartin at

"Existing order thrives upon ignorance and lies.
Objective truth and individual reason are feared above all."
- Jimmy Johnson, "Arlo & Janis"