Is anyone using 33P in RNase protection assays/Solution hybridization?

Don Martinson dmartin at cdmas.crc.fmlh.edu
Thu Jul 11 10:48:59 EST 1996

I have been using 32P in my RNase protection/solution hybridization
assays, but would like to consider using 33P because of its longer
half-life, but am concerned about having sufficient specific activity.

Is anyone out there using 33P for this type of assay?  Direct e-mail
reply preferred.  Thanks in advance.

Don Martinson
Medical College of Wisconsin
dmartin at cdmas.crc.fmlh.edu

"Existing order thrives upon ignorance and lies.
Objective truth and individual reason are feared above all."
- Jimmy Johnson, "Arlo & Janis"