DEAE transfection

Jean-Francois Larrivee jfl at
Fri Jul 12 23:41:08 EST 1996

On 12 Jul 1996 08:37:53 GMT, Philippe Lefebvre
<plefebvre at> wrote:

>Hi everybody
>Is there someone nice enough to tell me more about DEAE-dextran transfection of HeLa
>cells.  I am looking for a detailled protocol that will undoubtly save a few weeks
>of work!  Thanks in advance for your help!!
>Dr Phil Good

You may want to look in Current Contents. There is a chapter on
Transfections and a part of it is on DEAE-Dextran transfections.

I'm not sure if there is a specific protocol for HeLa cells, but you
might get a good hint on what you should do.

When you transfect cells, keep in mind that the pH of your culture
medium is very important and can affect the percentage of transfected
cells very much.

Good Luck