Ligation with two base fill-in

Rosa Deves rdeves at BITMED.MED.UCHILE.CL
Fri Jul 12 16:17:27 EST 1996

thanks to the suggestion of Dr. Diggard we recently received at this
site, we´ve decided to try to insert our target gene in a vector
containing the Xenopus UTR B-globulin.  the vector containing the UTR
must be cut with BglII.  the plasmid in which our gene is presently
located can be cut with XhoI, a partially compatible restriction enzyme.
 this means we will have to ligate the gene and the vector and fill in
the two bases that will be missing.  could anybody suggest where we might
find more information or a possible protocol for this procedure?

pelado