Ethidium question

Administrador de postmast at
Sat Jul 13 15:16:31 EST 1996

Estimado luis brieba:

I used to be quite skeptical about EtBr toxicity, specially because it's
only been shown to be mutagenic in some (but not all) bacterial strains
that are used for mutagenicity tests.  So I posted an enquiry here some time
ago and received one post from someone who claimed to have a fellow lab-mate
who developed a skin tumor after being exposed by accident to EtBr.
I was very careful with EtBr before that.  I AM doubly careful now.
Advice your friends to wear globes (or to get in touch with a good oncologist.
they're gonna need him).

Facundo Garcia Bournissen,
E-Mail: postmast at