unbiotinylating streptavidin ... ?

Dima Klenchin klenchin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Sat Jul 13 15:39:26 EST 1996

In article <4s8j5c$s71 at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, leesylvers at aol.com (LeeSylvers) wrote:
#In article <31E6618A.7B10 at uic.edu>, Keld Sorensen <KeldS at uic.edu> wrote:
##wo ways to "elute" biotinylated "stuff" off avidin:
##
##use "momomeric avidin" supports - these have much
##lower affinity and you can actually elute with a biotin
##solution.
#
#I believe that this Keld Sorensen is the same Keld Sorensen who's a Senior
#Research Scientist at PIERCE but using an academic E-mail address.

So what? The reply is on-topic and quite correct. With native avidin the
only way to get biotin out is to kill the protein irreversibly.

Even if this is true, he's stopped Pierce advertising as far as I can
see.

- Dima