PRIMERS

Andreas Becker becker at ps1515.chemie.uni-marburg.de
Sun Jul 14 16:37:28 EST 1996

<RBLLC at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU> wrote:

>I have some problems with the PCR. When I just use one primer, I get some
>artifact products. My primers are around 24-28 bp, I designed them by using
>PCGENE. can someone  give me some suggestions so that I can get rid of
>these artifact? Thanks a lot.

Check repeats in your sequence. You can do it with PrimerDesign on my
home page.
Or try your PCR with a higher annealing temperature. But 24-28 is much
to long. But it is just my opinion.

Andreas

Andreas Becker, AK Prof. Kadenbach, FB Chemie/Biochemie, Hans-
Meerwein-Strasse, Philipps-Universitaet, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Phone: privat +49 6421 47304  Labor +49 6421 28 -5721 Fax -2191
http://www.chemie.uni-marburg.de/~becker
becker at ps1515.chemie.uni-marburg.de