Cutting glass for sequencing plates?

Arioch sai at topaz.microbio.uab.edu
Mon Jul 15 20:25:58 EST 1996

i used to do the sdame thing in a lab i worked in about 3 months ago.  we
slapped (more like clamping; slapping glass plates bad...:), 2 peices of
glass together, "combed" them, microwaved some agar
for about 30 sec, ran the heated agar down the sides of the plates to
create a seal and then poured the acrylamide...of course, this was b4 the
biorad stuff...then came the mini gel apparatus and things were much
faster from then on....cheers...

Arioch (sai at topaz.microbio.uab.edu)
Graduate Student ( and Lord of Chaos...)
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics...
Milieu of Entropy (a.k.a University of Alabama at Birmingham...)