Blue color comes late lately in yeast 2 hybrid

Rafael Maldonado rafael at
Sat Jul 13 19:14:11 EST 1996

On 11 Jul 1996, Riekeltje Koedood wrote:

> First I should mention that we do X-Gal/agarose overlays to see our
> blue colonies.

So, are you breaking the cells in any way? Using the filter lift colony
assay, cells are broken in liquid nitrogen before adding the X-gal
solution. How do you break your cells? How long doe it takes in developing
the blue color using the agar overlay?

I am really interested in knowing how to advoid the somewhat cumbersome
method of the liquid nitrogen. But it looks like that your system does
not work properly... any comments?

Rafael Maldonado                             | 'No te creas todo
room 6160 Eccles Institute of Human Genetics |  lo que leas en
Department of Human Genetics		     |  internet.'
University of Utah			     |
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112. USA.	     |  "Don't believe
Rafael.Maldonado at           |  everything you read
Rafael at	             |  in internet."
Tel: 801-581-4429			     |
Fax: 801-585-3910			     |