Blue color comes late lately in yeast 2 hybrid

Rafael Maldonado rafael at howard.med.utah.edu
Sat Jul 13 19:14:11 EST 1996

On 11 Jul 1996, Riekeltje Koedood wrote:

> First I should mention that we do X-Gal/agarose overlays to see our
> blue colonies.

So, are you breaking the cells in any way? Using the filter lift colony
assay, cells are broken in liquid nitrogen before adding the X-gal
solution. How do you break your cells? How long doe it takes in developing
the blue color using the agar overlay?

I am really interested in knowing how to advoid the somewhat cumbersome
method of the liquid nitrogen. But it looks like that your system does
not work properly... any comments?

Rafa

Rafael Maldonado                             | 'No te creas todo
room 6160 Eccles Institute of Human Genetics |  lo que leas en
Department of Human Genetics		     |  internet.'
University of Utah			     |
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112. USA.	     |  "Don't believe
Rafael.Maldonado at genetics.utah.edu           |  everything you read
Rafael at howard.genetics.utah.edu	             |  in internet."
Tel: 801-581-4429			     |
Fax: 801-585-3910			     |