mutant neo gene for targeting

d.m. wright dmw at muscle.rai.kcl.ac.uk
Mon Jul 15 12:26:55 EST 1996

I have been trying a gene targeting project in myogenic cells over the
past two years with no success so far.  We chose to use a mutant (weaker)
neo gene because at the inception of the project there were a couple of
reports that using this gene as the selctable marker had allowed the
targeting of both alleles with one construct.  I have now heard from
other people that this is very possibly what prevented our success.  Has
anuone else tried this or heard of other people that have tried it, and
what the outcome has been?  Also does anyone know if there is a gene
targeting newsgroup where this would be better placed?

Thank you,

D.Wright