Primer Problems

MELANSOND melansond at am.abru.cg.com
Wed Jul 17 08:01:56 EST 1996

I am hoping someone will be able to help me with a problem we are having with
our primers for the PCR.  We are following the instructions on reconsitution
but have been getting nothing working when using them in the PCR.  We went
back and tested the OD reading and it is very low (under half what it should
be).  It is getting to the stage we are doubting the synthesis of them.  Does
anyone else have or had problems with Life Technologies primers (don't get me
wrong, I'm not trying to put down the company - we are happy with everything
else we get from them)?  Is anyone able to give me the name of another
company, that is similar in price, which you are pleased with their primers?
Although we are in New Zealand, we are happy to send overseas for the primers
(we have to for Life Tech as well).
I'm hoping someone can help.  Its getting expensive buying primers that aren't
working.

Thanks in advance

Charlotte Cameron        email: hopkinsc at lincoln.ac.nz
Lincoln University
PO Box 84
Canterbury
New Zealand

Hi,
	We have always used Integrated DNA Technologies.  (I am not affiliated)
 And you can order directly via the net http://www.idtdna.com.  However, a few
months ago we began having problems, and couldn't figure out why.  The company
informed us that they had switched methods of synthesis, and so we figured this
was the problem.  Yet, it seems to be that the TAQ was the real culprit.  Have
you tested all your other parameters and narrowed it down to the primers?
	Good LUCK