Touchdown pcr

Michael Kertesz kertesz at micro.biol.ethz.ch
Thu Jul 18 13:20:24 EST 1996

Hi Phillippe,

Touchdown gives me much better specificity, especially when the two
primers have Tm's that are way apart. I start at an annealing temp. about
10-15 deg. too high, then come down with it one degree per cycle, before
finally running a "normal" PCR for 15-25 cycles at the end. We have a
Trio-block, though, where it is dead easy to program, though...

regards

Michael

--

Michael Kertesz