RNA for Differential Display? HELP!!

Mike Curtin mbc11 at psuvm.psu.edu
Thu Jul 25 14:16:17 EST 1996

Does anyone have a procedure for isolating total RNA from plant leaf tissue
which is free of ribonucleases?  I have isolated RNA using Trizol followed by
Qiagen's Plant RNA extraction kit to clean up the RNA further.  The RNA looks
good on the gel, but gets degraded when I add buffer for DNaseI treatment
(MessageClean kit- GenHunter). I've also made up my own DNaseI buffer but the
RNA still gets degraded.  Anyone else have this experience with the
MessageClean kit from GenHunter.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Mike Curtin
Penn State University