Advice on anti Ras Ab's needed

Ole Gjoerup ovg at biobase.dk
Tue Jul 23 10:10:11 EST 1996

Hi Troels,

Troels Wind (wind at biobase.dk) wrote:
: Hi all,

: I would appreciate if anybody could let me know about their experience
: with monoclonal antibodies towards Ras p21, commercial or not.

: I'll need some that can be used in Westerns and some that will recognise
: a conformationally epitope only.

I guess I'm confused: The conformational antibodies often will not work in
Westerns since the protein is denatured by SDS. If you want a good
blotting antibody for ras, you probably should use 146. I don't think
that's conformational. However, I think that 238 and 259, or at
least one of them, is conformational. They can be obtained from Santa Cruz
or UBI. They're (I think) not great in blotting, but work well in I.P.

Regards,

-Ole

Ole Victor Foenss Gjoerup, Ph.D.       | Phone (+45)35322071
Dept. of Molecular and Cellular        | FAX   (+45)33935220
Biology                                |
Oester Farimagsgade 2A                 | Email: ovg at biobase.dk
1353 Koebenhavn K                      | http://biobase.dk/~ovg
Denmark                                |