Ferland Louis H. ferlandl at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Sun Jul 28 05:48:18 EST 1996

On Tue, 9 Jul 1996 annalise at wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 11:51:08 UNDEFINED
> From:annalise at
> To: methods at
> We are having problems inducing the expression of genes under the control of
> an MMTV promoter.  Can anyone give us some ideas on how to get the system
> working?
> Thanks
> Anna-Lise Williamson

Presumably, you are looking at induction by glucocorticoids. What cell
type and specific line are you using? Are you certain they have
glucocorticoid receptors? We just had that problem a few months ago and
solved it by co-transfecting a GR expression vector.

Just a thought.

Dr. Louis H. Ferland
Centre de Recherche, Hotel-Dieu de Montreal
Dept de Nutrition, Universite de Montreal
Phone: (514) 843-2757     FAX: (514) 843-2719