MMTV PROMOTER

Ferland Louis H. ferlandl at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Sun Jul 28 05:48:18 EST 1996

On Tue, 9 Jul 1996 annalise at medmicro.uct.ac.za wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 11:51:08 UNDEFINED
> From:annalise at medmicro.uct.ac.za
> To: methods at net.bio.net
> Subject: MMTV PROMOTER
>
> We are having problems inducing the expression of genes under the control of
> an MMTV promoter.  Can anyone give us some ideas on how to get the system
> working?
>
> Thanks
>
> Anna-Lise Williamson

Anna-Lise,

Presumably, you are looking at induction by glucocorticoids. What cell
type and specific line are you using? Are you certain they have
glucocorticoid receptors? We just had that problem a few months ago and
solved it by co-transfecting a GR expression vector.

Just a thought.

Dr. Louis H. Ferland
Centre de Recherche, Hotel-Dieu de Montreal
Dept de Nutrition, Universite de Montreal
Phone: (514) 843-2757     FAX: (514) 843-2719