PCR Machines - Suggestions?

Brian A. Flannigan baf2 at cornell.edu
Mon Jul 29 11:51:33 EST 1996

In article <4tb7e4$qlq at newz.oit.unc.edu>, jpweintr at email.unc.edu says...

--------------- snip, snip---------------

>Jory Weintraub
>Dept. of Microbiology and Immunology
>UNC Chapel Hill

Hi Jory,

Bought a Amplitron II from Barnstead/Thermolyne a few months ago (.2ml
tubes) and have been very happy with its performance.  Lots of program
memory, easily programmed and best of all (IMHO) is that it uses a
compressor for cooling, I've been told that the rapid temp changes
associated with PCR ruin the peltier chips in about 3-5 yrs.  Price was also
very competitive (about $3K, under state contract).
--
     Brian A. Flannigan
     Cornell University
     e-mail: baf2 at cornell.edu