Acrylamide Gel setting too quickly -- IDEAS??

Brian MacNevin macnevin at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 1 18:56:13 EST 1996

Well, when I mix up my acrylamide gel solution and begin pipetting it
between the glass plates for electrophoresis, I have found that it
starts to set before I can get it evenly dispersed in the plates.
	My first thought is that this might be due to the temp of the
solution.  It seems to me that I don't have this problem if the
solution is allowed to cool a little before adding the final solution.
I was wonderin if anyone else has had these problems and if it really
is due to the temp of the solution?
	Thanks!
		Brian
		macnevin at ix.netcom.com